All Ceramic Crowns
- These crowns are suitable for patients who are allergic to nickel. They are made entirely of porcelain/ceramic.
- They are translucent in color and their color depends on the tooth on which it is placed/cemented, making them highly esthetic and suitable for anterior teeth.
- They are comparatively expensive
- They are less durable than other types.
- They are vulnerable to chipping and cracking.
- They are not suitable in patients with habit of clenching.
EMPRESS crown looks like glass and is also called as ceramic.
PROCERA crown: These are gum friendly ceramic crowns.
It is highly esthetic.
No allergic reaction is seen.
LAVA crown: It is produced by a reputed brand 3M.
It is very translucent like the tooth enamel.
It exhibits excellent strength against chipping and cracking.
They are the rage in cosmetic dentistry.
They are also indicated for discolored/stained teeth, crooked teeth.
These are milled from a single block of zirconia using CAD/CAM equipment.
They are fabricated in form of inlays, onlays, full crowns, dental bridges and implant copings.
ZIRCONIA crown: It is the strongest dental crown.
It is highly durable and 100% biocompatible.
It is made using CAD/CAM technology.
It can withstand high chewing forces and is suitable in bruxers.
It also offers stronger support to weak root canal treated teeth.
It is suitable for both anterior and posterior teeth.
It may wear out the opposing tooth.
EMAX crowns: They are popular in cosmetic dentistry due to their high esthetics, durability and strength.
They are indicated in anterior and posterior region.
They are ideal choice for veneers, crowns, short span bridges.
They are fabricated using CAD/CAM.
These crowns can be prepared in very thin sections, thus conserving the tooth structure.
Due to their superior looks, they are costly.
They are not suitable for posterior teeth.